Sycophants quotes

• Sir, I am no sycophant or worshipper of power anywhere.
    -- Benjamin F. Wade

#Power #Sycophants

• A director must be a policeman, a midwife, a psychoanalyst, a sycophant and a bastard.
    -- Billy Wilder

#Sycophants #Directors #Midwife

• Journalists were never intended to be the cheerleaders of a society, the conductors of applause, the sycophants. Tragically, that is their assigned role in authoritarian societies, but not here - not yet.
    -- Chet Huntley

#Sycophants #Roles #Cheerleader

• Yoko had 10 years and I had 10 years and I would rather have had the 10 years I had than the ones she did. I had the raw talent and the raw human being, before the sycophants arrived.
    -- Cynthia Lennon

#Years #Sycophants #Raw Talent

• It really isn't anybody's business how many people we have working for us. What's offensive is that I'm portrayed as this prima donna with these sycophants telling me how great I am all the time. Yes, they do work for me, but we're working together for a higher good...
    -- Demi Moore

#People #Together #Sycophants

• It is possible to be below flattery as well as above it. One who trusts nobody will not trust sycophants. One who does not value real glory will not value its counterfeit.
    -- Thomas B. Macaulay

#Real #Doe #Sycophants

• Ang Lee was educated in the West and his English is good.

• You don't have to die in order to make a living.

• I like the dream, like fantasy dresses. Women can dream at 9 in the morning and at 10 o’clock at night, it doesn’t matter. I think it is also important for me to make it pragmatic and practical and wearable. I always say, 'If you can’t eat it, it’s not food, and if you can’t wear it, it’s not fashion, it is something else.'

• Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.

• Don't try to skin your rabbit and keep it as a pet too.

• Everybody, male or female, needs to possess qualities that they expect others to uphold. Being aware of yourself and your actions allows you to assess your shortcomings in an honest way.

• Come let us be friends for once. Let us make life easy on us. Let us be loved ones and lovers. The earth shall be left to no one.

• I see people with Asperger's syndrome as a bright thread in the rich tapestry of life.

• Pardon the way that I stare, there's nothing else to compare. The sight of you leaves me weak, there are no words left to speak.

• Everything can inspire me. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but I find inspiration in literally just about everything. As an actor, I have to watch people and observe their behaviors - this is how I create characters. My daily surroundings feed my work, whether it's something I'm working on right now or it's something down the road. Music, art, landscape - these are all things I draw inspiration from.