Deep Breath quotes

• Speaking of [Ronald] Reagan on the faith of the founders, he was particularly fond of George Washington, who he cited nearly 200 times, and almost twice as much as all the presidents since [John F.]Kennedy combined.

• Obedience is the key that opens every door.

• By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet.

• We went from being a band that was recording songs in my bandmate's bedroom to a band that's doing extensive touring and had a record on the Billboard charts and everything happened insanely fast, but it's not something that I sought out. It just happened.

• I love being a woman. I like dressing up; I love buying shoes.

• I'm an anglophile. I visit England regularly, sometimes three or four times a year, at least once a year.

• A leader who develops people adds; a leader who develops leaders multiplies.

• Every few years when it's been another five years that have passed and I haven't made a film and the depression starts taking over totally, I allow myself to do a commercial. And then I feel really dirty and get to work promptly.

• You have to apply yourself because you'll never get a better opportunity than the one you have right now. Having said that, people know by now if they like me or not. I don't need to prove anything.

• Ordering pizza and jamming out with the contestants in our hotels and traveling the country together brought me so much joy.