Everton quotes

• I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester.

• Women's body language speaks eloquently, though silently, of her subordinate status in a hierarchy of gender.

• Man studied birds for centuries, trying to learn how to make a machine to fly like them. He never did do the trick; his final success came when he broke away entirely and tried new methods.

• I refuse to step inside the ring and fight like a gladiator against my own. I'm not playing that game. Any woman who has survived a year or more of making music has my undying respect.

• If the semicolon is one of the neglected children in the family of punctuation marks these days, told to stay in its room and entertain itself, because mummy and daddy are busy, the apostrophe is the abused victim.

• When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

• People aren't born racist.

• Peace is not unity in similarity but unity in diversity, in the comparison and conciliation of differences.

• Life is easier when you are comfortable in your own skin.

• If you laid all our laws end to end, there would be no end.