Zappa quotes

• There’s nothing under the ground that’s worth more than the little layer of topsoil sitting on top of it.

• I just can't seem to write songs about peace and love. Yeah right, how do you get that?

• We should reflect on the idea that since the beginning of time sentient beings have been mentally unstable because they have been slaves of delusion, they lack the eye of wisdom to see the path leading to nirvana and enlightenment, and they lack the necessary guidance of a spiritual teacher. Moment by moment they are indulging in negative actions, which will eventually bring about their downfall.

• I've always wondered if there was a Hezbollah version of minesweeper where you get points for blowing up on your first move.

• As long as you keep getting born, it's alright to die some times.

• For me to train and get ready for racing, I can't just sit in the gym all the time and that's the way it is. Responsibility starts and stops with me. My main gig is grand prix driving, that's what I do and I need to keep that in the forefront of my mind.

• Whatever good things people say of us, they tell us nothing new.

• Two-thirds of the directors at the New York Fed are hand-picked by the same bankers that the Fed is in charge of regulating.

• There is no change in the top six of division 2, except that Leeds have moved into the top six

• Nine tenths of the ills from which intelligent people suffer spring from their intellect.