Von Mises quotes

• She didn't quite know what the relationship was between lunatics and the moon, but it must be a strong one, if they used a word like that to describe the insane.

• The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

• Only on the assumption of belief in the validity of values is the attempt to espouse value-judgments meaningful. However, to judge the validity of such values is a matter of faith .

• Getting a job scared her but she was determined not to shy away from risk. That's what life's all about. Climbing out onto the airplane wing and jumping off.

• Men are enforced into a kind of silence about their gender; they're supposed to not think of it as a performance. That's the definition of manliness - that it's not a performance; it's being yourself, authentic. Whereas women have understood gender as performance. Men have not yet made that quantum leap, or rather they're making it in many ways, they're not thinking about it.

• You can give yourself a headache trying to decipher the tattoos on a naked man who’s leaping up and down on a bed.

• It's been a tough season for all of us, but all we can do is keep fighting and showing character to the end of the season

• My gut sense is there's something necessary going on and if I'm too fearful or angry, I feel like I'm feeding it.

• The corporation cannot be ethical, its only responsibility is to make a profit.

• Keeping covenants protects us, prepares us, & empowers us.