Uncompromising quotes

• Superheroes were born in the minds of people desperate to be rescued.

• It [lighting the set up] is quite a process. It's like drawing. It's like being an artist. You pencil it in first, and then you ink it. When you're filming, it's like you're penciling it all in. You know where everything is going to go. But, that application of the final ink takes some time.

• It was high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, 'always do what you are afraid to do.'

• Alaska has great potential for new oil and gas development.

• Art is for the elite because it has a very high price-point of entry. And when one is in that social strata, they look down at illustrators because they just draw things directly for a few hundred dollars and that's seen as being a bit grubby. Galleries allow artists to stay relatively divorced from the financial aspects of their trade. I am lucky because I do fine art, and that is half of my living. And then illustration provides the other half.

• I wonder what the vintners buy one half so precious as the stuff they sell.

• I come over here and a lot of people are like, "What's with the new hair?" I'm like, "Y'all must not have been looking - every album, I change."

• Hello Kitty will never speak.

• I think if someone is writing continuously for 10 years and has not changed their mind about something - there's something wrong with them. They're not really thinking.

• Women are impossible, witches are worse, and women who are powerful witches are going to be the death of me.