Helplessness quotes

• I feel like the same person, but I feel as if I need to work twice as much now.

• The organizer of industry who thinks he has 'made' himself and his business has found a whole social system ready to his hand in skilled workers, machinery, a market, peace and order - a vast apparatus and a pervasive atmosphere, the joint creation of millions of men and scores of generations. Take away the whole social factor, and we have not Robinson Crusoe with his salvage from the wreck and his acquired knowledge, but the native savage living on roots, berries and vermin.

• I know what I want, I know where I'm going and I'm happy with what I am.

• It's a matter of choosing what is most important to you and putting that first. Once you have recognized your true purpose in life, this becomes much easier.

• Look everywhere you can to cut a little bit from your expenses. It will all add up to a meaningful sum.

• Purely by hard work, one can become an artist.

• In America, there might be better gastronomic destinations than New Orleans, but there is no place more uniquely wonderful.

• There is no wide road which leads to the Muses.

• I've been recording since 1993. It was a hobby for six of those years. In 1999, I decided to do it full time and take it seriously.

• I have a great deal of difficulty with those who live in a hugely prosperous country telling people in the developing world that they should be deprived of a critical source of energy.