Villainy quotes

• I think he [Raul] is the greatest player to have ever played the game. He walks on the turf and astounds. It is utterly amazing.

• For me, poetry is the colour of Elizabeth Taylor's eyes, or the pauses in Pinter's plays - only the pauses, not the words.

• The Iliad is the private lives of people thrown into disorder by history.

• Always take time to smell the flowers, and let it fill you with beauty, and rediscover that sense of wonder.

• The first time I went to Taiwan, there were cameras, paparazzi, TV stations outside my hotel twenty-four hours a day nonstop.

• If we were meant to talk more than listen, we would have two mouths and one ear.

• Universal happiness keeps the wheels steadily turning, truth and beauty can't.

• Group shows are always much harder to present to the public because there's a theme to the show. They always do less well because a theme is a harder thing for people to grapple with than a monographic idea.

• Adventure is where you find it, any place, every place, except at home in the rocking chair.

• Believing is nothing other than, in the darkness of the world, touching the hand of God, and in this way, in silence, hearing the Word, seeing love.