Very Clever quotes

• Yep.” Eloquence ’R’ Us. When in trouble, keep it monosyllabic—safer that way.

• Compassion also brings us into the territory of mystery - encouraging us not just to see beauty, but perhaps also to look for the face of God in the moment of suffering, in the face of a stranger, in the face of the vibrant religious other.

• Embrace yourself, create a plan of action and of course, ponder the impact of your thoughts.

• Mistakes are very seldom permanent, most of them can be fixed with less difficulty and drama than one imagines, and there's nothing shameful about them. There is, however, something sad and limiting about the fear of making them.

• Growing up in Huntington Beach, you were either a traditional sports athlete, a skateboarder, or a surfer. I got my first skateboard when I was five and skated off and on over the years, did a little BMX racing as a kid, and then in my freshman or sophomore year I started getting a little bit more into skateboarding.

• I learned from my dad that change and experimentation are constants and important. You have to keep trying new things.

• I love books. If they are good books, I love them even more. But even if they are bad books, I still love them.

• Don't buy on tips or for a quick move.

• I wish, peevishly, that he didn't know anything about how soldiers sleep, how they protect their fellow soldiers. It would be nicer if I could share the cloaks warmth with him, if we could lie with our faces together, whispering into the night.

• Reaffirming the justice of the American system bolsters our legitimacy with allies, thereby encouraging further cooperation and improving our national security.