Obstinacy quotes

• There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired.

• Using less of the Earth’s resources more efficiently and productively in a circular economy and making the transition from carbon-based fuels to renewable energies are defining features of the emerging economic paradigm. In the new era, we each become a node in the nervous system of the biosphere.

• A dining room table with children's eager hungry faces around it, ceases to be a mere dining room table, and becomes an altar.

• I've learned I'm rarely able to stay at home and not work. If I try to 'just sit on my couch for a little while,' I am going to grab my laptop and just knock out a few more emails, or start sketching up some product ideas for TheMuse.com. So when I want time off, I schedule dinners out, movie outings, and on occasion a flight lesson from Groupon.

• Professionally, I'm proud that Glassjaw has gotten to this moment, and that Justin Beck and I are making another record and some zany things are going on. It's on the tip of my tongue all day every day, between the press and the experience of putting ourselves out there, and putting our personalities out there to be judged and to have amassed a whole unit of music, and how it's really a celebration of our friendship. I'm really proud of it.

• There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.

• The great secret of social alchemy is to profit best from each stage in our lives, to gather all its leaves in spring, all its flowers in summer, and all its fruits in autumn.

• I've lost audiences, I've recovered them.

• And I meant to tell you: that was a one-in-a-thousand shot." She raised her hand. "Don't." "It was awesome," George confirmed. "It really was," Jack said. "His head exploded.

• We are not victims of aging, sickness and death. These are part of scenery, not the seer, who is immune to any form of change. This seer is the spirit, the expression of eternal being.