Decorum quotes

• History proves nothing because it contains everything.

• Identify the dominant philosophy of a society and you can predict its future.

• So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were 'reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.'

• The U.S. is a great government, is a great country. The U.S. did sign the Paris Agreement. It's extremely aggressive to decide on its own just to leave, and no way to push the others to renegotiate because one decided to leave the floor. It doesn't fly. I think it's a big responsibility in front of history, and I'm pretty sure that my friend President Donald Trump will change his mind in the coming months or years. I do hope.

• The best writing deadlines are poverty and death.

• Subatomic particles do not exist but rather show 'tendencies to exist', and atomic events do not occur with certainty at definite times and in definite ways, but rather show 'tendencies to occur'.

• London underground took me on a tour of all the hidden places, the disused shafts and staircases... that was very interesting.

• The lovers of life, they are children at heart always in their wonder and delight, but they do not grab.

• The good man's past begins to change so that his forgiven sins and remembered sorrows take on the quality of Heaven.

• I've learned this, that haters wanna hate. You could sing a song perfectly, you could write the songs perfectly, and some people are absolutely going to hate you.