Homegrown quotes

• I have never believed you go to war in Iraq, you go to war in Afghanistan, and believe that you can deal with those battlefields, those countries, in microcosms, or narrow channels.

• All-devouring time, envious age, Nought can escape you, and by slow degrees, Worn by your teeth, all things will lingering die.

• The life, beauty and meaning of the whole created order, from the tomtit to the Milky Way, refers back to the Absolute Life and Beauty of its Creator: and so lived, every bit has spiritual significance.

• The public is wiser than the wisest critic.

• Whatever they are, can Comics be "Art"? Of course they can. The "Art" in a piece is something independent of genre, form, or material. My feeling is that most paintings, most films, most music, most literature and, indeed, most comics fail as "Art." A masterpiece in any genre, form or material is equally "good." It's ridiculous to impose a hierarchy of value on art. The division between high and low art is one that cannot be defended because it has no correlation to aesthetic response.

• Truth is not only stranger than fiction, it is more interesting.

• It will be said, however, that protection tends to destroy commerce, the civilizer of mankind. Directly the reverse, however, is the fact.

• The man who has no problems is out of the game.

• Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

• People sort of know me for that solo piano music I did.