Fine Things quotes

• You CAN NOT judge previous generations by today's standards. Today Mark Twain is called by many, a racist. By the standards of his time, he was a social liberal. Even Teddy Roosevelt was a social liberal at the time, but he accepted as fact that idea that Caucasians were inherently superior to all other races. That makes him a racist in the CORRECT definition of the term.

• It's so wrong when I pick up a new edition of Huckleberry Finn and I look at the last page and it doesn't say, Yours truly, at the end.

• I never got really into Twitter until more recently when I started doing the Dirt Nasty thing, and created that other character. I think it's almost essential now. I don't think Leonardo DiCaprio necessarily needs to do it, but someone like me, who's somewhere in the middle of nowhere and a shitstack, I need to do that.

• I didn't start writing in order to express myself. If anything the opposite was true. I was just as interested in negating the I and the ego.

• The journey of life is both too short and too precious to be sidetracked by guilt trips.

• My greatest fear: repetition.

• Open source is important to our orgs as a talent pool; we need better representation of women.

• Dysfunctional co-dependent relationships always appeal to me. I don't know exactly how it started. I start writing sketches of characters and little scene-lets, and then it builds.

• Why is it that there's more indignation over a photo of a prisoner with underwear on his head than over the video of a young American with no head at all?

• Women are still in emotional bondage as long as we need to worry that we might have to make a choice between being heard and being loved.