Esp quotes

• Harmonizing religion and science makes you seem like an open-minded and reasonable person, while asserting their incompatibility makes enemies and brands you as “militant.” The reason is clear: religion occupies a privileged place in our society. Attacking it is off-limits, although going after other supernatural or paranormal beliefs like ESP, homeopathy, or political worldviews is not. Accommodationism is not meant to defend science, which can stand on its own, but to show that in some way religion can still make credible claims about the world.
    -- Jerry A. Coyne

#Political #Enemy #Esp

• I have a form of ESP that allows me to consistently pick losing lottery numbers, and generally make poor life choices.
    -- Joey Comeau

#Numbers #Choices #Esp

• All things need watching, working at, caring for, and marriage is no exception. Marriage is not something to be indifferently treated or abused, or something that simply takes care of itself. Nothing neglected will remain as it was or is, or will fail to deteriorate. All things need attention, care and concern, and esp...ecially so in this most sensitive of all relationships of life.
    -- Richard L. Evans

#Caring #Needs #Esp

• I converse with my dog through ESP
    -- Taylor Caldwell

#Dog #Esp #My Dog

• The criterion of action is that todays work should not be deferred till the following day.

• Live beyond your means, then you're forced to work hard, you have to succeed.

• Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realised that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality.

• Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.

• Maybe lifting someone else’s weight makes yours a little more bearable

• If you are a czar or a king or a president or someone that wants to control those below them you do not want people to have a consciousness of life, of their needs. Because people do not make good slaves when they're connected to life... That's why in the public schools the primary objective is obedience to authority.

• The first time I went to therapy, I had to stop going because they were making me hate my parents.

• History is neither more nor less than biography on a large scale.

• Ocean people are very different from land people. The ocean never stops saying and asking into ears, which don't sleep like eyes.

• Usually it's a pretty calculated, sustained, and slow process by which you develop something. The effect can be one of spontaneity, but that's part of the artistry.