Prized Possessions quotes

• Of all the means I know to lead men, the most effectual is a concealed mystery.

• The heat of youth is not more opposed to safety than the coldness of age.

• Evil, what is evil? There is only one evil, to deny life As Rome denied Etruria And mechanical America Montezuma still

• That's the thing about people who think they hate computers. What they really hate is lousy programmers.

• Broken things are powerful."Things about to break are stronger still.The last shot from the brittle bow is truest.

• There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror.

• If I don't train enough, of course I'm nervous.

• The game of discontent has its rules, and he who disregards them cheats. It is not permitted to you to wish to add another's advantages or possessions to your own; you are permitted only to wish to be another.

• Moral prejudices are the stopgaps of virtue; and, as is the case with other stopgaps, it is often more difficult to get either out or in through them than through any other part of the fence.

• It may well be a sign of the decadence of the Church and the failure of Christianity that gifts have to be coaxed out of people, and that often they will not give at all unless they get something for their money in the way of entertainment or of goods. Giving which is real giving has a certain recklessness in it.