Devotional quotes

• I don't like the word 'strong,' because a strong character is never an interesting character. A character is made interesting by their vulnerabilities and their weaknesses.

• My mother taught me that the universe guides, teaches, and offers up gifts... even when bad things happen.

• I think every day you try to soak up as much as you can to learn and understand things better.

• The Constitution gives the president the power to appoint, upon the advice and consent of a majority of the Senate, and it plainly does not give a minority of senators any right to interfere with that process.

• I've never held myself up particularly high when I had movies that worked, and I never held myself all that low when I had failures.

• I am talking about ordinary people making the link between their communities being treated as disposable and the assumption that the environments they depend on are disposable as well. What gives me hope is the kind of bridgework I'm seeing between social movements on the one hand, and young writers and artists on the other, all intent on opposing such pitiless, short-term thinking.

• There are many things which may not be uttered by men in threadbare coats.

• The best way to reduce the cost of medical care is to reduce the illness.

• This was a different form of French resistance in Paris on this day, all of these people coming together and sending out pictures like this to the world about the world we still want this to be, instead of the one that terrorists want, and that means all terrorists, the world where we live in constant fear.

• No love or pity, pardon or excuse should soften the sharp pang of reparation for the guilty man.