Time Spent quotes

• The thing that's important to know is that you never know. You're always sort of feeling your way.

• He's a player you only miss when he's not playing

• Dance improves your ability to concentrate because your brain has to work in so many ways. You're being stretched physically and mentally. You've got to focus on the steps and you have to communicate and interact with people.

• If fertility drops much below 2.1 babies per woman, the population will shrink unless it is offset by higher immigration. For this reason, a demographic cloud hangs over China. It may be the first country to grow old before it grows rich. ... Its fertility rate is below two and its working-age population will start to decline around 2015.

• Thank God, it is over, that I have seen it and am able to tell it to the world.

• Nothing is sudden in nature: whereas the slightest storms are forecasted several days in advance, the destruction of the world must have been announced several years beforehand by heat waves, by winds, by meteorites, in short, by an infinity of phenomena.

• Quantum phenomena do not occur in a Hilbert space. They occur in a laboratory.

• I could kiss you forever," she murmured against his lips, sucking at the lower one, playing with the upper, his body weight a luscious pressure. "I love feeling you against me." "You say such things, Elena. You will make me your slave.

• An insuperable obstacle to rapid transit in Africa is the want of carriers, and as speed was the main object of the Expedition under my command, my duty was to lessen this difficulty as much as possible.

• I can remember one time a guy told me, a guy that preached, he claimed to be a preacher, he claimed to be called of God-I asked him about his prayer life one day. He said, 'Yeah, I pray; I pray when I'm brushing my teeth.' I knew immediately that man was not called of God to stand in a pulpit. Every church he's tried to plant has been a failure. He is not a God-called man.