Preppy quotes

• I had no idea that reading it would lead me to a cabin. It's dangerous to open a book

• I loved ghost stories, creaky staircases, stormy nights. If it guaranteed nightmares I read it by flashlight, after midnight.

• For stubborn souls like Lisette, death was easier than the courage it took to actually change your life.

• Don’t be offended, but you seem to be one of those people who just attract accidents like a magnet. So… try not to fall into the ocean or get run over or anything, all right?

• The music I do in live performances is made for a specific situation. I know that people are sitting down and shutting up and they're with me for 90 minutes. They're totally with me. Whatever I do, I know they have my attention and they follow my pace.

• The assumption is that the right kind of society is an organic being not merely analogous to an organic being, but actually a living structure with appetites and digestions, instincts and passions, intelligence and reason.

• We must sow the seed, not hoard it.

• Over his shoulder I saw a star fall. It was me.

• Women who have been disappeared by violence are howling. The voices of disappeared women are echoing. I sing with these voices.

• They were very considerate, I must say. Every time I felt I was about to slip out of these fingers and would yell for help, they'd let me down and re-organize things.