Epic Poems quotes

• Of two evils, choose the more interesting.

• I was a big fan of 'The Smurfs' growing up, even though by default - my mom used to force me to watch because she was a 'Smurfs' fan.

• I am a political recidivist. An incorrigible, repeat voter. A career lever-pusher. My electoral rap sheet is as long as your arm. Over the course of three decades, I have voted for presidents and school board members. I have voted in high hopes and high dudgeon. I have voted in favor of candidates and merely against their opponents. I have voted for propositions written with such complexity that I needed Noam Chomsky to deconstruct their meaning. I have been a single-issue voter and a marginal voter. I have even voted for people who ran unopposed. Hold an election and I'll be there.

• You can't lead your troops if your troops do not trust you.

• Sometimes our fights are as strong as a current, as consistent as waves and as stubborn as unmoveable rocks. Martial fights cause the same kind of erosion as powerful waves do when they hit the shore

• All life is profoundly dependent on communication.

• As the number of unexplained, irreducibly complex biological systems increases, our confidence that Darwin's criterion of failure has been met skyrockets toward the maximum that science allows.

• If fortune favors you do not be elated; if she frowns do not despond.

• I have a wife and anything. That's the arrangement we have. I have a wife, and she's cool. And also I have anything I want.

• Design is a word that's come to mean so much that it's also a word that has come to mean nothing.