Voyages Of Discovery quotes

• I have always said that if I were a rich man, I would employ a professional praiser.

• In contemporary American culture, the religions are more and more treated as just passing beliefs - almost as fads - rather than as the fundaments upon which the devout build their lives.

• No one can believe how powerful prayer is and what it can effect, except those who have learned it by experience. Whenever I have prayed earnestly, I have been heard and have obtained more than I prayed for. God sometimes delays, but He always comes.

• After-sales service is more important than assistance before sales. It is through such service that one gets permanent customers.

• Momentum was momentum, whether you found it in music or on the street or in the beat of your own heart.

• Too much me is annoying under any circumstance, but too much me in an essay, however personal, would mar the art. My "character" in the essay is more like a perspective, an angle of vision, a complicating factor, a questioning presence. I don't sit on the sidelines or pretend to objectivity; and I'm not afraid to stick my neck out or to be revealing and vulnerable.

• If one does not understand the usefulness of the useless and the uselessness of the useful, one cannot understand art.

• a sick society, unlike a sick individual, fares best under the ministration of many doctors.

• I think every actor wants to be an FBI or cop at one point.

• I am increasingly convinced that technological culture is the entire root of women's liberation.