Time And Space quotes

• So many doors forever. There were never enough. Each door had several locks. One lock was combination. Another required keys. Another was a simple side latch. Another was strictly ornamental. Another you could open by whispering the right thing to it at the right time, which is the type of lock most humans have.

• No one can compare us to the apartheid regime. It's not like in South Africa between the blacks and the whites who belong to the same nation, or in Berlin where you find parents living on the eastern side and their children in the western side.

• When I really love a movie, I don't want to spoil it by too frequent visits. But I like to come back to certain films, which I admire.

• Complacency in the presence of miracles is like opening the door to your own tomb.

• I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.

• I used to sing in the church choir. People would say it was unusual for such a small girl to have such a big voice. They would say, 'She sounds like she's grown.'

• People don't make us angry, how we think makes us angry.

• A historian should not be didactic-that is a word that makes my blood run cold.

• Empires inevitably fall, and when they do, history judges them for the legacies they leave behind.

• I went into very deep research as to what exactly that meant and how sociopaths function psychologically and within the world.