Eyewitnesses quotes

• Put the strong, masculine figure in a school with tough kids and you have a certain control. It's very demeaning to the kids and very demeaning to the tough, black guy, but that's how they worked it.

• Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good.

• I think that players that are better at reading people are much more dangerous and difficult to play against, because then you have to think more about what they might be thinking.

• Originally, each human being is a complete and perfect existence. At the same time, we are each living within the one great, large-scale perfection.

• I wanna be selective... very selective. Right now, hip-hop's very boring to me. It's no excitement.

• The steadily inward look leads us all to death, nations as well as persons, and is equally infantile in them all. Perhaps the most useful thing I have learned in my lifetime is that the process of maturing gradually turns the mind away from the small-self to the greater-self that is only served by serving others.

• What you aim for, as an actor, is to be able to play a range of different roles.

• One good reason for writing novels based on your life is that you have something to read in old age when you've forgotten what happened.

• The Homebrew Computer Club was the highlight of my life. I was too shy to ever talk in the club meeting, but the way that I could communicate sometimes was by doing good designs. I was very skilled at a certain type of circuit design.

• If we don't know that there is such a person as God, we don't know the first thing (the most important thing) about ourselves, each other and our world. This is because the most important truths about us and them, is that we have been created by the Lord, and utterly depend upon him for our continued existence.