Seeking God quotes

• MOST of the ugliness in the human narrative comes from a distorted quest to possess beauty. COVETING begins with appreciating blessings: MURDER begins with a hunger for justice. LUST begins with a recognition of beauty. GLUTTONY begins when our enjoyment of the delectable gifts of GOD starts to consume us. IDOLATRY begins when our seeing a reflection of God in something beautiful leads to our thinking that the beautiful image bearer is worthy of WORSHIP.

• I don’t like to quote myself but unfortunately everybody I know who should be quoting me is dead.

• Design is about creating spaces for people to enjoy and of course, creating moments where you elevate the spirit, but 'design for good' is figuring out a program that not only creates better spaces, but creates jobs, creates new industry and really kind of raises the conversation about how we rebuild.

• Identity politics are becoming less important since culture's being blended into one big thing - I look at kids' Tumblrs and they're all into the same things.

• Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there.

• Our mistake, you see, was to write interminable large operas, which had to fill an entire evening. And now along comes someone with a one or two-act opera without all that pompous nonsense - that was a happy reform.

• Parents are the most likely to be victims of the violence of their mentally ill children.

• What makes the world such a wonderful place is the diversity. I have always strived to fill my home, my office and my hotels with the most diverse crowds possible.

• I am very much afraid that the loss of Cyrenaica will have serious political consequences for the Duce.

• That one lesson that African American communities have learned over the centuries in America is that you can't just take for granted that things will steadily get better and better and better until they're great. It is fits and starts. It is backward and forward.