Transgender quotes

• When I realised I was transgender I was so afraid of what my transition would do to everyone else in my life and how they would react to it and would I be rejected?
    -- Chaz Bono

#Transition #Transgender #Rejected

• Whether you're transgender or not, most of us get to a point in our lives where we can no longer lie to ourselves.
    -- Laverne Cox

#Lying #Transgender

• Seeing a black transgender woman embracing and loving everything about herself might be inspiring to some other folks.
    -- Laverne Cox

#Black #Might #Transgender

• Nature chooses who will be transgender; individuals don't choose this.
    -- Mercedes Ruehl

#Individual #Transgender

• Ultimately, the transgender question is about more than just sex. It's about what it means to be human.
    -- Russell D. Moore

#Sex #Mean #Transgender

• Transgender people have served, are serving, and will continue to serve.
    -- Allyson Robinson

#People #Transgender #Serving

• Effective immediately, transgender Americans may serve openly, and they can no longer be discharged or otherwise separated from the military just for being transgender.
    -- Ashton Carter

#Military #May #Transgender

• One of the biggest things going on in London, Amsterdam, San Francisco, and New York right now is gentrification. Every major city is dealing with gentrification, and it's always the sex workers they come for first. Cities feel they have to clean up their image and make themselves more attractive for tourism, more attractive to businesses. The Gezi Park struggle in Turkey a few years ago, for example, was a popular movement defending public space and land. What I found when I was digging into the goings on there was that the park was a place where transgender sex workers felt safe.
    -- Melissa Gira Grant

#Struggle #Transgender #Attractive

• Obviously, I think it was an aberration, but it is a reality. We're still a team that won nine games, but this one was a real shock.

• Iggy Pop looks right at me as he sings the line: 'America takes drugs in psychic defence'; only he changes 'America' to 'Scatlin', and defines us mair accurately in a single sentence than all the others have ever done.

• I want to do more sci-fi films. I want to play half-alien, half-illegal alien.

• Revenue has increased in this way is in no small measure, I am convinced, due to our low tax policy which has helped to generate an economic expansion in the face of unfavourable circumstances

• I don't think any religion makes any sense and I think people who are into that are really getting duped, and I don't think Judaism makes any more sense than Christianity, and I don't think Christianity makes any more sense than Scientology. But here's a guy, L. Ron Hubbard, who told all his friends, 'Look, I'm gonna start a religion, 'cause I can't make any money as a science fiction writer.' I mean, he admitted that publicly! At least with Jesus Christ, you can't go talk to the guy.

• September is the other January.

• Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.

• Strange are the pictures of the future that mankind can thus draw with this brush of faith and these many-coloured pigments of the imagination! Strange, too, that no one of them tallies with another!

• In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul

• I was like a well trained pianist who knows which note to hit, but can't make the music his own.