Offseason quotes

• I am a child who is getting on.

• I'm a journalist and that's what I do.

• Journalism at its best and most effective is education. Apparently people would not learn for themselves, nor from others.

• If you would persuade, you must appeal to interest rather than intellect.

• Those that say it is the taking part and not the winning that is important are, for me, wrong. It is the other way round.

• However, obviously Israel is a much smaller place in terms of population. There are only 6 million people in Israel, where there might be 6 million people in one city in America.

• When you grow up, you're told that rock 'n' roll is the only authentic way to express yourself. Live instrumentation, singer, live drums. You're told that's the best medium to communicate.

• The struggle to the top alone will make a human heart SWELL.

• There is no work, however vile or sordid, that does not glisten before God.

• For better or worse, we are the Court of Appeals for the Hollywood Circuit. Millions of people toil in the shadow of the law we make, and much of their livelihood is made possible by the existence of intellectual property rights. But much of their livelihood - and much of the vibrancy of our culture - also depends on the existence of other intangible rights: The right to draw ideas from a rich and varied public domain, and the right to mock, for profit as well as fun, the cultural icons of our time.