Byu quotes

• They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time.
    -- Ann Romney

#Jobs #Years #Byu

• How can you rank BYU No. 1? Who'd they play - Bo Diddley Tech?
    -- Bryant Gumbel

#Football #Byu #Play

• Coming out of BYU's football spring, 1999, practice: We might have a chance to be pretty good.
    -- LaVell Edwards

#Football #Spring #Byu

• We have reached the point where we can lose a game or two and not drop out of sight in the rankings. I've been asked if it bothers me that BYU hasn't received the recognition it deserves. Well, BYU's gotten a lot of recognition over the years; I've never felt slighted. I honestly believed that we didn't deserve to be ranked any higher last year.
    -- LaVell Edwards

#Sight #Years #Byu

• I didn't choose BYU, I like to think it chose me.
    -- Neil LaBute

#Thinking #Byu

• The Brigham Young University (BYU) campus was just a few blocks from my home and tuition was minimal.
    -- Paul D. Boyer

#Block #Home #Byu

• I hope each of us realizes, at least in part, what a rich blessing it is to be at BYU. We are better prepared to receive and achieve the wonderful advantages and opportunities that life has yet to offer us because of what has happened to us here.
    -- Cecil O. Samuelson

#Blessing #Opportunity #Byu

• We must never forget that BYU is not just another "good" university. It was established by the Lord's servants and continues to be blessed with the direction and support of prophets, seers, and revelators. While we may not understand all of the details, we do know that Brigham Young University occupies a key place in the Lord's plans for the completion of His work in these last days.
    -- Cecil O. Samuelson

#Blessed #Byu #Keys

• It takes a person of great care and insight to watch for any abnormality in the green grass even while it grows abundantly and healthily.

• Barbarian --A Code of Conduct honored by all true barbarian warriors, requiring excellent coordination with weapons, closeness to nature, awkwardness with women, common sense, and completion of the mission.

• You can't help the poor by being one of them.

• Alexander to Tatiana: I love you as much as it is possible for a man to love a woman.

• I consider myself a person like everyone else, and I take my time writing my records because I feel like it captures more of who I am. You have a much greater chance of hitting on themes and points...that could play into someone else's life in a larger way.

• In all our actions, God considers the intention: whether we act for Him or for some other motive.

• If a man is in any sense a real mathematician, then it is a hundred to one that his mathematics will be far better than anything else he can do, and that it would be silly if he surrendered any decent opportunity of exercising his one talent in order to do undistinguished work in other fields. Such a sacrifice could be justified only by economic necessity of age.

• We categorize as we do because we have the brains and bodies we have and because we interact in the world as we do.

• Democracy is an internal subject of the developing society. There are fundamentals of democracy, and they should be understood universally in different countries.

• Heredity is a splendid phenomenon that relieves us of responsibility for our shortcomings.