Ed Sullivan quotes

• Our sins, when laid upon Christ, were yet personally ours, not his; so his righteousness, when put upon us, is yet personally his, not ours.

• God has surely promised His grace to the humbled: that is, to those who mourn over and despair of themselves. But a man cannot be thoroughly humbled till he realizes that his salvation is utterly beyond his own powers, counsels, efforts, will and works, and depends absolutely on the will, counsel, pleasure and work of Another -- God alone.

• I'm not sentimental about war. I see nothing noble in widows.

• I have never understood why a woman must have a man to take her into dinner.

• Space really means the level of awareness or presence, not thinking. So, can you look at your partner and not think? Two conscious beings realize that the essence of the relationship is the space in it. Even when there is an egoic overlay, it is not too dense or heavy for you to sense the essence underneath it. You don't need to react to the egoic overlay. When you don't react to it you don't strengthen it.

• I think I'd struggle to get excited by synchronised swimming.

• Any direct experience that I have with indigenous peoples and their plights may feed into the nature of the story I choose to tell. In fact, it almost certainly will.

• And I coached against Mike when he was an assistant with the Bears and they won that football game.

• God heals, and the doctor takes the fees.

• Financial crisis is the moment of truth for real collectors and true artists.