Bamboo quotes

• Memory that yearns to join the centre, a limb remembering the body from which it has been severed, like those bamboo thighs of the god.
    -- Derek Walcott

#Memories #Bamboo #Body

• But I was also doing odd jobs around Portland, like spreading gravel and transplanting bamboo trees.
    -- Elliott Smith

#Jobs #Tree #Bamboo

• The human capacity for burden is like bamboo- far more flexible than you'd ever believe at first glance.
    -- Jodi Picoult

#Believe #Firsts #Bamboo

• You can't breathe for sheer revulsion when you keep finding the bodies of women with bamboo poles thrust up their vaginas. Even old women over 70 are constantly being raped.
    -- John Rabe

#Bamboo #Body #Breathe

• I just don't believe in helping people who are going to torture me. Though I don't see any bamboo slivers. How can you possibly torture someone without bamboo slivers?
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Believe #People #Bamboo

• With women, I've got a long bamboo pole with a leather loop on the end. I slip the loop around their necks so they can't get away or come too close. Like catching snakes.
    -- Marlon Brando

#Snakes #Long #Bamboo

• Go to the pine if you want to learn about the pine, or to the bamboo if you want to learn about the bamboo. And in doing so, you must leave your subjective preoccupation with yourself. Otherwise you impose yourself on the object and you do not learn.
    -- Matsuo Basho

#Want #Bamboo #Preoccupation

• Learn about a pine tree from a pine tree, and about a bamboo plant from a bamboo plant.
    -- Matsuo Basho

#Learning #Tree #Bamboo

• Two tires fly. Two Wail. A bamboo grove, all chopped down From it, warring songs.
    -- Neal Stephenson

#Song #Two #Bamboo

• God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole.
    -- Ramakrishna

#Important #Bamboo #Stones

• If we have a thousand bamboo spears, there's nothing to worry about a war with the Soviet Union.
    -- Sadao Araki

#War #Worry #Bamboo

• You'd think I was shoving bamboo splinters under your nails. (Alice from Twilight)
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Twilight #Thinking #Bamboo

• Bamboo is not a weed, it's a flowering plant. Bamboo is a magnificent plant.
    -- Steve Lacy

#Weed #Marijuana #Bamboo