Easy Living quotes

• You want to believe in black and white, good and evil, heroes that are truly heroic, villains that are just plain bad, but I've learned in the past year that things are rarely so simple. The good guys can do some truly awful things, and the bad guys can sometimes surprise the heck out of you.

• It's the faster bands that made me want to play guitar, bands like The Jam.

• Knock the 't' off the 'can't.'

• When you're going to try and have people talk in a room and actually reflect life as we know it and have people recognize themselves and their own street and their own house in it, well then you're aiming for the high country and it's a much bigger gamble. You can interview all the marketing gurus and the people in charge of, you know, the people you gotta fight with in order to get your seats here, and they all talk about release dates and counterprogramming. At the end of the day, it's gotta be a good movie.

• I used to travel in tennis shoes; I am just not allowed to anymore. I'm an old hippie from San Francisco.

• Oh, Jimmy Mack, when are you comin' back?

• Everybody says it: black, white; everybody calls me a legend. Italians, Jews. Everybody

• As you sometimes swear by him that made you, I conclude your sentiments do not correspond with his, in that which is the basis of the doctrine you both agree in: and this makes it impossible to imagine whence this congruity between you arises. "To grant that there is a supreme intelligence who rules the world and has established laws to regulate the actions of his creatures; and still to assert that man, in a state of nature, may be considered as perfectly free from all restraints of law and government, appears to a common understanding altogether irreconcilable.

• The only important thing in this life is to figure out how to use the experiences that you have to make the world a better place.

• I like things pretty close around me. I like to know that my house is safe, that the people and animals I love are well and happy. I like to feel as peaceful as possible.