Future Success quotes

• I was the kid that wanted to be anonymous in that I'd put a football helmet on and be a member of a team and go out there and maim people. It was a very hard process. It truly was.

• It's a lot more common now for someone to know a Mormon rather than just know of Mormons out in Utah, ... We seem more normal. We're not as exotic.

• Martial arts has just made me a better person. It's a way of life.

• Even if the disciples had believed in the resurrection of Jesus, it is doubtful they would have generated any following. So long as the body was interred in the tomb, a Christian movement founded on belief in the resurrection of the dead man would have been an impossible folly.

• Brains, you know, are suspect in the Republican Party.

• I remember that at one time I always made a drawing before going to bed!! - Of myself I mean - though I finally destroyed most of them.

• I knew I was going to make one. I wanted to make two, but the first one rattled in and rattled right out.

• The manner in which I learned to read and write, not only had great influence on my own mind, as I acquired it with the most perfect ease, so much so, that I have no recollection whatever of learning the alphabet.

• Cinema, which is influenced by every single part of life, is direct and reaches you immediately. And writing - the best writing is complex ideas communicated concisely. And music - if it's a good tune, make sure people can bloody hear it.

• Tone is a very difficult thing. You can't write tone, I don't think. You can try - you certainly try. I write too, so I know I'm trying desperately to communicate to whoever's going to direct my pieces, the way I see the humor. But it's very difficult.