Boon quotes

• The glory that was Lincoln's never died when he was slain.

• I wish to have no status as a man. I am equally content to be a worm or a rat, and am only glad that I am not becuase they have such a rough time without the pleasure of painting.

• Every reader has found charms by which to secure possession of a page that, by magic, becomes as if never read before, fresh and immaculate.

• To virginity is awarded the tribute of the highest beauty

• It is a very common failing, never to be pleased with our fortune nor displeased with our character.

• ...You cannot live by sight and by faith, neither can you live by fear and by faith. It either has to be by faith or by fear, by faith or by sight. Which way are you living? Faith takes out the anxiety It takes out the fear. Faith leans heavy on the Lord. It knows that the Bible is so and can be trusted and that we can live by it and all of our needs will be supplied.

• Humility is not weakness, but strength under control

• I cast people from right around me. I was at my alma mater. It's special to have most of the graduate students in it [and] one professor, because I feel like in terms of this school, I was one of the few students lucky enough to break into the art industry or the contemporary art world.

• All our media are given over to things that are better left unsaid.

• In my head there's a broken balcony I fall off of when I speak.