Hijab quotes

• The sun doesn't lose its beauty when covered by the clouds. The same way your beauty doesn't fade when being covered by Hijab
    -- Angelina Jolie

#Clouds #Hijab #Way

• The best hijab is in the eyes of the beholder.
    -- Benazir Bhutto

#Eye #Hijab #Beholder

• For many, the hijab represents modesty, piety and devotion to God, and I truly respect that. But the hijab should not be used as a means of applying social pressure on people.
    -- Queen Rania of Jordan

#Mean #People #Hijab

• there is more to this hijab than the whole modesty thing. These girls are strangers to me but I know that we all felt an amazing connection, a sense that this cloth binds us in some kind of universal sisterhood.
    -- Randa Abdel-Fattah

#Girl #Sisterhood #Hijab

• When it comes to the hijab - why to wear it, whether to wear it, how to wear it - there is theology and then there is practice, and there is huge diversity in both.
    -- Randa Abdel-Fattah

#Practice #Diversity #Hijab

• The hijab, or sikh turban, or Jewish skullcap are all explicit symbols, but they do not represent a threat or affront to others, and have no bearing on the competence, skills and intelligence of a person.
    -- Randa Abdel-Fattah

#Skills #Hijab #Affront

• Writing when you are already very old means you have lived through the endings of so many things, you are more aware of the shape life takes. You begin to know Death, you've been close to it. But youth can barely imagine the end of this journey.

• The measure of civilized behavior is compassion.

• I should like to sleep like a cat, with all the fur of time, with a tongue rough as flint, with the dry sex of fire; and after speaking to no one, stretch myself over the world, over roofs and landscapes, with a passionate desire to hunt the rats in my dreams.

• I'm not going to beat somebody up for talking smack to me, especially another skater.

• Actually I feel sorry for the bully because they probably don't have love and support at home.

• In order for innovation to happen, a bunch of things that aren't happening on closed platforms need to occur. Valve wouldn't exist today without the PC, or Epic, or Zynga, or Google. They all wouldn't have existed without the openness of the platform. There's a strong tempation to close the platform, because they look at what they can accomplish when they limit the competitors' access to the platform, and they say 'That's really exciting.'

• Could you understand the meaning of light if there were no darkness to point the contrast? Day and night, life and death, love and hatred; since none of these things can have any being at all apart from the existence of the other; only the indolence of human nature finds it so hard to pierce through to the other side.

• I would trust Shakespeare, but I would not trust a committee of Shakespeares.

• A fun read that reminds single girls everywhere that it's fabulous to be single.

• When it comes to fashion, I'm just inspired by anyone who has their own flair or piece on anything. I love originality. I love when people bring some bold and don't do what's been done or being done. I don't think I have anyone in particular. Just anyone who's original really inspires me.