Habeas Corpus quotes

• Wise are they who have learned these truths: Trouble is temporary. Time is tonic. Tribulation is a test tube.

• A newspaper is lumber made malleable. It is ink made into words and pictures. It is conceived, born, grows up and dies of old age in a day.

• Lingerie is that inner, secret glamour.

• If I knew where good songs came from, I'd go there more often.

• Memories shared serve each one differently.

• I have stopped waiting on our leaders. We have been forced to fear the system. But unless we change our ways and the way we see each other, we won't move forward.

• Boredom is the dream bird that hatches the egg of experience. A rustling in the leaves drives him away.

• Poetry asks people to have values, form opinions, care about some other part of experience besides making money and being successful on the job.

• Worship is yet another paradox of the religious life: it is simultaneously the greatest duty and the greatest pleasure of faith. Worship is the act of truly loving God. Believe in this brilliant Being, this magnificent "higher power," who not only created us but nurtures us with care and intelligence beyond our imagination, and obviously we are called to worship Him.

• In short I will part with anything for you but you.