Over The Hill quotes

• The number of stressors has multiplied exponentially: traffic, money, success, work/life balance, the economy, the environment, parenting, family conflict, relationships, disease. As the nature of human life has become far more complicated, our ancient stress response hasn't been able to keep up.

• I'm not really concerned with trying to turn haters into believers.

• You would think there's a natural limit to tears: only so much the body can give at one sitting before it runs dry.

• Somebody said writing is easy, you just sit down at your typewriter and open a vein. It depends on the book. Some, I have to do quite a lot of research, which I like. Others are much closer to me.

• My early influences were the Shadows, who were an English instrumental band. They basically got me into playing and later on I got into blues and jazz players. I liked Clapton when he was with John Mayall. I really liked that period.

• This much then, is clear: in all our conduct it is the mean that is to be commended.

• I play with passion and fire. I have to accept that sometimes this fire does harm.

• If you don't read news.groups, the net appears to be a rather tranquil place.

• When it comes to public school education, we have been unwilling to measure our results. We've been unwilling to pay based on performance. We have tenure where, even if you can't teach, you can't get fired. We've been unwilling to invest in new schools.

• While the spirit of neighborliness was important on the frontier because neighbors were so few, it is even more important now because our neighbors are so many.