Undercover quotes

• I like European and South American literature, but mostly I read nonfiction.

• Rhetoric is useful because truth and justice are in their nature stronger than their opposites; so that if decisions be made, not in conformity to the rule of propriety, it must have been that they have been got the better of through fault of the advocates themselves: and this is deserving reprehension.

• If you cut off your arm instead of going 'spurt, spurt, spurt' wouldn't it, like, go nuts? Or would it go with the beat of your heart?

• We join ourselves to no party that does not carry the flag and I keep step to the music of the Union.

• I was painfully shy, and I had tremendous difficulty making friends. So, lacking friends, I watched other people. Watching is something all writers must do, and it was in junior high that I learned to do it.

• I had a terrible temper, after all, and though it rarely erupted, when it did it frightened me and anyone near its epicenter. It was the only crack, but a disturbing one, in the otherwise vacuum-sealed casing of my behavior.

• The irony of Christmas is always upon the poor in heart; the mystery of the solstice is always upon the rest of us.

• Today I divide my day between being actor, producer and distributor, and the monotony is broken.

• All the suspects have been arrested. police are looking for them

• In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.