Hopes Up quotes

• ..we were always taught, instead of waiting to be swept off our feet, to 'expect little, forgive much'.

• I would look at a dog and when our eyes met, I realized that the dog and all creatures are my family. They're like you and me.

• Some people, when desperate, retreat to pills or hard liquor. I nap.

• My ***** may be dumb, but I ain't no dumbass.

• there's only a space between now and here to get yourself nowhere.

• I would like the government to do all it can to mitigate, then, in understanding, in mutuality of interest, in concern for the common good, our tasks will be solved.

• No sauce equals appetite.

• I think that's the whole point of music - to inspire people.

• The world has never before had as much drama as today. Radio, films, television and video inundate us with drama. But while these forms can engage or even enrage the audience, in none of them can the viewer’s response alter the artistic event itselfThat is why theatre is signing its own death warrant when it tries to play too safe. On the other hand, that is also the reason why, although its future often seems bleak, theatre will continue to live and to provoke.

• There are a lot of food Nazis in the U.S., but I believe if you can show people what's really important, they'll judge the rest for themselves.