Kmart quotes

• I started doing radio commercials for Kmart when I was 4. They had to splice all my consonants together because I couldnt talk very well. But these jobs helped my mother and me put food on the table. It took the two of us working.
    -- Christina Applegate

#Mother #Jobs #Kmart

• A lot of the problems I had with fame I was bringing on myself. A lot of self-loathing, a lot of woe-is-me. Now I'm learning to see the positive side of things, instead of, like, 'I can't go to Kmart. I can't take my kids to the haunted house.'
    -- Eminem

#Kids #Self #Kmart

• Maybe instead of buying myself another Barbie, I could donate that to the Kmart Wishing Tree...
    -- Hamish Blake

#Kmart #Tree #Barbie

• As we drove uptown, I spotted a Kmart on a corner,with its familiar red sign.I cleared my throat."Wait. Can we stop for a minute?" "What for?" "Just - I need a few things." He looked irritated, but pulled into a metered space. "We don't really have time to go shopping." I glared at him."yeah, excuse me for being so frivolous. You have your suitcase all packed already; I dont even have clean underwear.I'll be right back.
    -- L.A. Weatherly

#Kmart #Shopping #Space

• You won't find average Americans on the left or on the right. You'll find them at Kmart.
    -- Zell Miller

#America #Average #Kmart

• Morality is a biological adaptation no less than are hands and feet and teeth . . . Considered as a rationally justifiable set of claims about an objective something, [ethics] is illusory. I appreciate that when somebody says, 'Love thy neighbor as thyself,' they think they are referring above and beyond themselves . . . Nevertheless, . . . such reference is truly without foundation. Morality is just an aid to survival and reproduction, and any deeper meaning is illusory . . .

• When I get involved, I give it my heart, I mean my mind, my soul, my body: I mean every part. But if it doesn't work out, yo, it just doesn't. It wasn't meant to be, you know, it just wasn't.

• I have always been very calm on the outside.

• Passion is what makes life interesting, what ignites our soul, drives our curiosity, fuels our love and carries our friendship, stimulates our intellect, and pushes our limit.... A passion for life is contagious and uplifting. Passion cuts both ways.... Those that make you feel on top of the world are equally able to turnit upside down.....

• To me, sadness and humor aren't disrelated and humor is the best tool I've had against the sadness in my life.

• Anytime I am doing something that will help someone in any way, whether it is a simple recipe, a tip, a decoration thing, or a life-change thing, it brings me to life and inspires me to do more of it.

• There is nothing more distressing or tiresome than a writer standing in front of an audience and reading his work.

• In prose fiction the freedom to work honestly exists, although you may have to fight for it. In those other areas of literature, I mean drama, there is only silence. That sort of aesthetic integrity does not exist in radio and television, and seldom on film.

• From 1971 to 1993 my family lived in a number of African countries, including Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria, as well as Uganda itself.

• Success is all about having the confidence to shoot for something even if it seems impossible.