Empty Space quotes

• The advantage of literature over life is that its characters are clearly defined, and act consistently.

• I expect that all of us get pretty much what we deserve of appreciation.

• The more exposure people have to the realities of factory farming, the more we will see people rejecting it. It's already happening.

• You have got to pay attention, you have got to study and you have to do your homework. You have to score higher than everybody else. Otherwise, there is always somebody there waiting to take your place.

• Build a little community of those you love and who love you

• As a director, there is nothing more fun than seeing an audience screaming and jumping. You are the ultimate puppet master, controlling the emotions of the audience.

• When I was 16, I discovered this island called cinema and I thought: 'Oh, how wonderful; I'm ready.'

• Litmus test: If you can't describe Ricardo 's Law of Comparative Advantage and explain why people find it counterintuitive, you don't know enough about economics to direct any criticism or praise at " capitalism " because you don't know what other people are referring to when they use that word .

• The aged are terrible - mere heaps of cinders on the grass from which none can tell how tall the flames once were or what company gathered round them.

• A great many things which in times of lesser knowledge we imagined to be superstitious or useless, prove today on examination to have been of immense value to mankind.