Quintessence quotes

• I stood up. It was all too much. I could not even meet my own expectations, and to be asked to deal with all theirs too was suffocating.

• There we were all in one place, a generation lost in space.

• The first "station of separation" corresponds to the state of the ordinary man who perceives the universe as distinct from God. Starting from here, the initiatic itinerary leads the being first to extinction in the divine Unity, which abolishes all perception of created things. But spiritual realization, if it is complete, arrives afterwards at the "second station of separation" where the being perceives simultaneously the one in the multiple and the multiple in the one.

• We are even higher than the heavens, we are greater than angels; Why should we not transcend both? Our lodging-place is Majesty.

• The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus...

• Fortunately, any kind of setback has represented a challenge to do better, rather than an acceptance of inferiority on my part.

• I don't think it's that strange that a show has sort of a bumpy beginning. It's just part and parcel of the process.

• The first morning after Westley's departure, Buttercup thought she was entitled to do nothing more than sit around moping and feeling sorry for herself. After all, the love of her life had fled, life had no meaning, how could you face the future, et cetera, et cetera.

• The 'New Yorker' asked me to shoot a story on climate change in 2005, and I wound up going to Iceland to shoot a glacier. The real story wasn't the beautiful white top. It ended up being at the terminus of the glacier where it's dying.

• It's easy for people to mistake most musicians as living the easy life. It takes a while to get to that point. I'm sure it's like that for acting and television.