Blinders quotes

• Digressions, incontestably, are the sunshine, the life, the soul of reading! Take them out and one cold eternal winter would reign in every page. Restore them to the writer - he steps forth like a bridegroom, bids them all-hail, brings in variety and forbids the appetite to fail.

• I never use a score when conducting my orchestra... Does a lion tamer enter a cage with a book on how to tame a lion?

• I don't spend as much time on my hair as people think. I get out of the shower, whack some grease on there and I'm done.

• If we do not know who the customer is, we do not know what quality is.

• People move around so much in the world, things get lost.

• I made my own assessment of my life, and I began to live it. That was freedom.

• Most of us will get turned on at night by the very same things that we will demonstrate against during the day - the erotic mind is not very politically correct.

• I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted.

• I think the most interesting thing is what happens next.

• Of course, certain religious expressions are fine. If a tribe of Aqualishes wants to boil rhino horns in frog saliva on the National Mall to honor their deity, we'd have a commemorative postage stamp ready by next December. But let a Christian mention the baby Jesus to a kindergarten class and the ACLU wants an exorcism...