Zeta quotes

• I'm totally open to outside opinions and criticism.

• We are so impressed by scientific clank that we feel we ought not to say that the sunflower turns because it knows where the sun is. It is almost second nature to us to prefer explanations . . . with a large vocabulary. We are much more comfortable when we are assured that the sunflower turns because it is heliotropic. The trouble with that kind of talk is that it tempts us to think that we know what the sunflower is up to. But we don't. The sunflower is a mystery, just as every single thing in the universe is.

• Don't change on me. Don't extort me unless you intend to do it forever.

• The Stone of Guilt in the River of the Mind, the block in the flow of intelligence.

• The United States Justice Department, in my opinion, hasn't done a damn thing to alleviate this horrible manifestation of racism, bigotry and hate against blacks - the first African American President has done nothing. Even if he were inclined to do something to rectify what we are experiencing as a nation, I don't know if can go as far as an artistic expression can go, as salve for the collected suffering of the people.

• How come we've got these bodies? They are frail supports for what we feel. There are times I get so hemmed in by my arms and legs I look forward to getting past them. As though death will set me free like a traveling cloud... I'll be out there as a piece of the endless body of the world feeling pleasures so much larger than skin and bones and blood.

• We can never replace a friend. When a man is fortunate enough to have several, he finds they are all different. No one has a double in friendship.

• Place is security, space is freedom.

• I wished I could be alone in my room, with my books, away from these people.

• People are always neglecting something they can do in trying to do something they can't do.