Forbearance quotes

• Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. I'm a bad guy; I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.

• The man for whom history is bunk is almost invariably as obtuse to the future as he is blind to the past.

• The single observation I would offer for your consideration is that some things are beyond your control. You can lose your health to illness or accident. You can lose your wealth to all manner of unpredictable sources. What are not easily stolen from you without your cooperation are your principles and your values. They are your most important possessions and, if carefully selected and nurtured, will well serve you and your fellow man.

• English is such a deliciously complex and undisciplined language, we can bend, fuse, distort words to all our purposes. We give old words new meanings, and we borrow new words from any language that intrudes into our intellectual environment.

• Having a good director is very important. It's crucial. When you do good work with a certain director, you want to work with them again, and hopefully vice versa.

• I would just listen to records and learn what I could, then just roll it over and over and over.

• It seems that you can't make people love or care for something that they don't already love or care for. They either see your value and act accordingly or they don't and you move on to someone that does.

• I realized that I'd rather die with you than live with someone else.

• Don't panic and lose hope even if there's a mountain in your pathtalk to the One who created the mountains.

• To achieve goals you've never achieved before, you need to start doing things you've never done before.