Hippo quotes

• I realized that I spent more time thinking about my problem clients than my great clients. I had to stop feeding the drama of the problem clients-and other problems in my life.

• One hour with a child is like a ten-mile run.

• The concessions of the privileged to the unprivileged are seldom brought about by any better motive than the power of the unprivileged to extort them.

• Anytime I am doing something that will help someone in any way, whether it is a simple recipe, a tip, a decoration thing, or a life-change thing, it brings me to life and inspires me to do more of it.

• Children, even if we lose a million dollars, we can recover it. If we lose one second, we cannot get it back. Every moment that we are not remembering God is lost to us.

• Whereas a good player might do something really good in a game, a great player might do something two or three times in a row. That's what great players do, but they also work incredibly hard off the field in terms of the extra effort they've put into making sure their own performance gets better.

• The world is indebted for all triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression.

• I think that if you live long enough, you realize that so much of what happens in life is out of your control, but how you respond to it is in your control. That's what I try to remember.

• World War I broke out largely because of an arms race, and World War II because of the lack of an arms race.

• Technique is the basis of every pursuit. If youre a sportsman or youre a singer or a swimmer, well that comes under sport but you have to develop a basic technique to know what youre doing at any given time.