Ornery quotes

• I asked my doctor how many more years I have left and he said, 'You're too ornery to die.
    -- Jimmy Piersall

#Doctors #Years #Ornery

• All I say is, kings is kings, and you got to make allowances. Take them all around, they're a mighty ornery lot. It's the way they're raised.
    -- Mark Twain

#Kings #Way #Ornery

• the world is just as concrete, ornery, vile, and sublimely wonderful as before, only now I better understand my relation to it and it to me.
    -- Ralph Ellison

#Ornery #World #Wonderful

• I’ve flown kites before and I know – sometimes they’re gone forever, and sometimes they’re just waiting in the middle of the road for you to rescue them. Kites can be lucky or they can be ornery. I’ve had both kinds, and a lucky kite is definitely worth chasing for.
    -- Wendelin Van Draanen

#Waiting #Forever #Ornery

• To be, I must endure the pain.

• There is no miraculous change that takes place in a boy that makes him a man. He becomes a man by being a man.

• You don't get the attention of gluttons by starving anorexics.

• Writing is the crack through which you can crawl into a bigger world, into your wild mind.

• Rather than believe that Watson and Crick made the DNA structure, I would rather stress that the structure made Watson and Crick.

• I don't think that the problems or the issues relate to any single piece of legislation. I think that they really do relate to the mindset that after eight years is pretty deeply embedded. It is not going to be easy to reverse itself.

• The natural distribution is neither just nor unjust; nor is it unjust that persons are born into society at some particular position. These are simply natural facts. What is just and unjust is the way that institutions deal with these facts.

• There are no crown princes at Ford,

• The boy and his heart had become friends, and neither was capable now of betraying the other.

• And of course I've got kids of my own now, and they love me being in the Harry Potter films. I'm now part of a phenomenon. You become incredibly cool to your kids, and you get a young fan base. So you became the cool dad at school. You're suddenly hip.