Prada quotes

• Sometimes you have to smile by faith. If you'll smile by faith, soon the joy will follow.

• This is my voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• I was kind of a floater [in high school]. I got along with different types of people but I just was not cool, and definitely a late bloomer.

• I can not imagine a God ... made happy by my getting down on my knees and calling him 'great'.

• It's a little bit about being a global citizen, with all the United Nations positive umph that there is with that phrase - it's about being a positive do-gooder. But it's also: how can I participate in globalization in a really clear way? Like: don't leave the house unless you can bring something worthy into the world. And so Nicaragua changed the way that I want to do things.

• There has never been a military operation remotely approaching the scale and the complexity of D-Day. It involved 176,000 troops, more than 12,000 airplanes, almost 10,000 ships, boats, landing craft, frigates, sloops, and other special combat vessels--all involved in a surprise attack on the heavily fortified north coast of France, to secure a beachhead in the heart of enemy-held territory so that the march to Germany and victory could begin. It was daring, risky, confusing, bloody, and ultimately glorious [p.25]

• You may accept the inevitable with bitterness and resentment or with patience and grace. Mere acceptance is not sufficient.

• I love to wear boots - and shoes, I don't like at all.

• A man always writes absolutely well whenever he writes in his own manner, but the wigmaker who tries to write like Gellert ... writes badly.

• Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.