Federalism quotes

• I deeply resent the destruction of federalism represented by Hillary Clinton's willingness to go into a state she doesn't even live in and pretend to represent the people there. So I certainly wouldn't imitate it.
    -- Alan Keyes

#People #Federalism #Clinton

• Federalism isn’t about states’ rights. It’s about dividing power to better protect individual liberty.
    -- Elizabeth Price Foley

#Rights #Liberty #Federalism

• So far I, at least, have no fault to find with implications of Hamilton's Federalism, but unfortunately his policy was in certain other respects tainted with a more doubtful tendency.
    -- Herbert Croly

#Federalism #Faults #Tendencies

• But ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single State, or of a few States only. They would be signals of general alarm . . . But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such an extremity.
    -- James Madison

#Government #Ambitious #Federalism

• So that the executive and legislative branches of the national government depend upon, and emanate from the states. Every where the state sovereignties are represented; and the national sovereignty, as such, has no representation.
    -- Joseph Story

#Government #Federalism #Branches

• Our executive branch does not believe in interfering with what the legislative branch chooses to do. We believe in federalism.
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Believe #Doe #Federalism

• Federalism isn’t about states’ rights. It’s about dividing power to better protect individual liberty.
    -- Elizabeth Price Foley

#Rights #Liberty #Federalism

• The federalism term is a good term, but it's just below the surface; it's just about to come up into wider public understanding that these practices are happening and are politically viable.
    -- Gar Alperovitz

#Practice #Understanding #Federalism

• History is now strictly organized, powerfully disciplined, but it possesses only a modest educational value and even less conscious social purpose.

• No man is above the law, and no man is below it.

• We're talking about the lawyers for the United States of America. And I think it's very, very important that the lawyers be comfortable being very candid and open about their views on very sensitive issues affecting the United States.

• You know, sometimes I wonder what things would be like if I just ... met you one day. Like normal people do. If I just walked by you on some street one sunny morning and thought you were cute, stopped, shook your hand, and said, "Hi, I'm Daniel.

• I wanted to live. For the father and brother who I never knew and for my mother who was cheated of a life of happiness. I wanted to live for them. And I wanted to live for me.

• History is bright and fiction dull with homely men who have charmed women.

• if only we lost our minds and arrived at our hearts

• The door banged open and Eve rushed out, flushed and mussed and still buttoning her shirt. "It's not what you think." She said. "It was just - oh OK, whatever, it was exactly what you think. Now WHAT?

• I hope that I will be the last victim in China's long record of treating words as crimes.

• An entertainer pleases others while an artist only has to please himself.