Vibrancy quotes

• Ghetto-dwellers are the great fantasists. There was an extraordinary vibrancy there, an imaginative life. When you are that poor, all you've got left is your belief in the imagination.
    -- Ben Okri

#Ghetto #Imagination #Vibrancy

• She was the reason I was a reader, and being a reader was what had made me most myself; it had given me the gifts of curiosity and sympathy, an awareness of the world as an odd and vibrant contradictory place, and it had me unafraid of its oddness and vibrancy and contradictions.
    -- Curtis Sittenfeld

#Curiosity #World #Vibrancy

• Taking significant amounts of carbon out of our economy without harming its vibrancy is exactly the sort of challenge at which California excels.
    -- Jerry Brown

#California #Challenges #Vibrancy

• Only the series of colors on the canvas with all their power and vibrancy could, in combination with each other, render the chromatic feeling of that landscape.
    -- Maurice de Vlaminck

#Color #Feelings #Vibrancy

• Vibrancy is only as effective as the mastering of restraint.
    -- Sara Genn

#Vibrancy #Restraint #Colour

• In Madison's famous formulation in the Federalist, constitutional restrictions on government assume that we "first enable the government to control the governed." If the public authorities can be outgunned or bribed, the vibrancy of the private sector can be pathological.
    -- Stephen Holmes

#Government #Vibrancy #Libertarian

• It happens sometimes that the material itself carries things you have not fully planned. The footage has its own right, its own life, its own vibrancy and energy in it.
    -- Werner Herzog

#Vibrancy #Energy #Sometimes

• We get to choose how we're going to live - what level of energy, what level of vibrancy, what level of excitement.
    -- Brendon Burchard

#Energy #Levels #Vibrancy

• We shall be remembered in history as the most cruel, and therefore the most unwise, generation of men that ever yet troubled the earth: the most cruel in proportion to their sensibility, the most unwise in proportion to their science. No people, understanding pain, ever inflicted so much: no people, understanding facts, ever acted on them so little.

• I am competitive, and I like to be as competitive as possible in anything I do.

• It's just the stupidest law possible... You're just making criminals out of people who aren't engaged in criminal activity. And we're spending zillions of dollars trying to fight a war we can't win! We could make zillions, just legalize it and tax it like we do liquor. It's stupid.

• If you caricature friends in your first novel they will be upset, but if you don't they will feel betrayed.

• The only irreplaceable capital an organization possesses is the knowledge and ability of its people. The productivity of that capital depends on how effectively people share their competence with those who can use it.

• Europe was not as outraged by Auschwitz as by Guantanamo Bay.

• She wrote to him fairly regularly, from a paradise of triple exclamation points and inaccurate observations.

• We design our lives through the power of choices.

• The shed of leaves became a cascade of red and gold and after a time the trees stood skeletal against a sky of weathered tin. The land lay bled of its colors. The nights lengthened, went darker, brightened in their clustered stars. The chilled air smelled of wood smoke, of distances and passing time. Frost glimmered on the morning fields. Crows called across the pewter afternoons.

• I've never attended any Tea Party functions.