Uneasiness quotes

• To all the world he was the man of violence, half animal and half demon; but to her he always remained the little wilful boy of her own girlhood, the child who had clung to her hand. Evil indeed is the man who has not one woman to mourn him.

• God doesn't come to kill, to steal or to destroy. That's the enemy. God comes to give abundant life. Know your God so you don't get confused.

• To forgive is human, to forget divine.

• Education is worth a whole lot. Just think - with enough education and brains the average man would make a good lawyer - and so would the average lawyer.

• I was very poor. As a child my dream was to have a leather football.

• It sounded weird to hear you talk so much; normally you only said a few words at a time. I'd never imagined that you'd have a story, too. Until that moment, you were just the kidnapper. You didn't have reasons for anything. You were stupid and evil and mentally ill. That was all. When you started talking, you started changing.

• I feel as proud to be Jewish as I feel to be black

• I think that you can honour the sacrifices of a common soldier without glorifying war.

• Suddenly here was this somewhat roly-poly elderly, northern Italian peasant on the chair of Saint Peter and he was accessible - and he made himself accessible, he went to prisons, he went to hospitals, he went to the shrine of Loreto.

• Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines.