Pine Trees quotes

• I have never relied on anyone else for money since I graduated, and that made me feel grown up.

• Don't complain to others about your troubles. Half of them don't care and the other half are glad.

• No man who is corrupt, no man who condones corruption in others, can possibly do his duty by the community.

• A conclusion I’ve come to at the Idler is that it starts with retreating from work but it’s really about making work into something that isn’t drudgery and slavery, and then work and life can become one thing.

• Television is fun, but it's hard, and if it gets too crazy I may just do it as a part-time thing.

• When I look back on my career, I go, 'This is really great, I've played so many different women.'

• There's other ways to protect yourself and your family, Arlen. Wisdom. Prudence. Humility. It's not brave to fight a battle you can't win.

• The only thing my old man ever gave me was a beating.

• Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die.

• The real hope of the world lies in putting as painstaking thought into the business of mating as we do into other big businesses.