Unexpected Things quotes

• I am the wilderness lost in man.

• The majority of women in America look like me.

• Before AIM, Indians were dispirited, defeated, and culturally dissolving. People were ashamed to be Indian. You didn't see the young people wearing braids or chokers or ribbon shirts in those days. Hell, I didn't wear 'em. People didn't Sun Dance, they didn't Sweat, they were losing their languages. Then there was that spark at Alcatraz, and we took off. Man, we took a ride across this country. We put Indians and Indian rights smack dab in the middle of the public consciousness for the first time since the so-called Indian wars.

• It's hard for a man to live with a successful woman - they seem to resent you so much. Very few men are generous enough to accept success in their women.

• I believe, as Lenin said, that this revolutionary chaos may yet crystallize into new forms of life

• Go boldly and honestly through the world. Learn to love the fact that there is nobody else quite like you.

• I'm developing some screenplays at the moment with my Australian producer.

• Staying away from junk food and the pops-it's something that, for me, is harder than doing the actual workouts. It's so easy to get off-track. Like when you're out with your buddies and they're stopping at McDonald's. You can't have a Big Mac with them.

• There's a lot more to be learned, and I'm going to learn all the way up to the stairway to the stars

• I was a very quiet child, quite introverted, really. Independent, yes; I didn't need a lot of supervision. Less so than I did when I got older, maybe. But I was a bookish child, not surprisingly. I could sit quite happily in a corner for hours and entertain myself with books.